t’s a bit of a special mix this month as my old clubbing buddy Louise is turning 50. My we had some mad nights back in the day!
The first track is a special request – “Let Somebody Love You” – a remix of an old 80’s modern soul track by Keni Burke and is a bit of a night-starter so I hear. The mix ends with a classic end of the night “one more!!” song, the original version of “Going Back To My Roots” by Richie Havens. It’s like 1994 at The Room all over again, the only thing missing is a certain person going round handing out free goodies to everyone! Good times!
This is Part 1 of a two-part mix. Part 2 is coming next week and will be a more sedate and chilled Soul Session with many tracks remixed by the legendary Louis Vega (aka one half of Masters At Work), perhaps akin to something one might chill out to at one of Louise’s famous after-parties. Cuppa tea anyone?
I hope you like them, Loulou, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 🙂
- Keni Burke – Let Somebody Love You
- KingDtheDJ – Going On
- Angelo Ferreri – Restless Beatz
- Audio Jacker – You Say
- Zsak – Magic
- Jazzmopper J – Good Love
- KPD – Malcom Sax
- DJ Fudge – Dancing
- Saison – Naughty
- Paul Trouble Anderson – TroubleNova
- Jay Vegas – Be Right There
- Crackazat – What You’re Feeling
- Tony Momrelle & Chantae Cann – Back Together
- James Curd and Luke Million – Say The Words To You
- Blondee & Veselina Popova – 7 Hours
- Richie Havens – Going Back To My Roots
Part 2: Click here